Island View has hosted a “Men’s Musky Tournament” each September for many, many years. Times have changed and so have the details of the tournament. More info to come as we figure it out, but this is where we’re at currently. Please let us know if you have any questions we didn’t answer.
Musky Tournament Details
- $50 per person to enter
- Thursday, September 24th
- You may start fishing at 6AM
- Fishing only on Fisher, Catherine & Cedar Lakes
- Length of fish entered must be verified by another boat
- You must stop fishing by 4PM
- 5PM dinner (included in entry fee) & award ceremony
- Artificial and live bait is allowed
- Length matters, not weight
- First place gets 75% of the pot
- Second place gets 25% of the pot
Entry Fees & Dinner
- ANYONE may enter the tournament. It is no longer for men only and if you have a problem with that, too bad.
- $50 per person to enter the tournament. This includes a catered BBQ dinner at 5pm. $25 of this goes towards food, $25 goes into the pot for 1st and 2nd place winners.
- $25 per person to come and eat/watch but not fish
Free to attend if you don’t want to eat! Please join us for the excitement of it all! There will be raffles! We would love to have as many people as possible come over, fishing or not.
In the past the entry fee covered a steak dinner and large bar tab for the entrants. We have changed it so the food is catered and the rest of the money goes to whoever wins 1st and 2nd place. The large bar tab was not fair to the people who don’t drink or who had to leave early to get home. It also made no sense that there was no actual prize for the winners.
Come Join Us!
Please RSVP whether you want to enter the tournament or just come and eat, the sooner the better! We need to know how much food to order. Reply to our post on Facebook, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 715-476-2347.