A non-refundable deposit of $200 is required for every reservation. Please see the “Book Now” page for more information regarding deposits.
We try to run Island View like a place we would want to stay at. We don’t have any rules that aren’t common courtesy so that everyone staying here may enjoy themselves.
- NO FIREWORKS! EVER!!!!
- All pets must be on a leash at all times when outside.
- We will say it again: All pets must be on a leash at all times when outside. Pets stay free. They don’t have to be in a crate. They are allowed to be left alone in the cabin. Come on, for a rental this is almost unheard of! We keep our own dog on a leash out of respect for our renters and he lives here – the least you can do is show us the same respect.
- Pick up your dog’s poop!
- Quiet hours start at 10pm. The cabins are pretty close together. Please don’t have music blaring into the wee hours of the morning unless your neighbors are on board with it. If you want to party, come to the bar.
- Extra guests: you are welcome to bring a cot or air mattress but please know the cabins are pretty small. People have asked if they can set up a tent outside. That is approved on a case by case basis depending on what is going on at the time. If you are next door to an empty cabin, sure. If you have neighbors, no. We do offer camping on our island for only $10 a night!
- Please do not drive down to your cabin (unless you are staying in #9 or #10). Our septic system is very old and driving over it is a disaster waiting to happen. We already had one vehicle go through during the Summer of 2020 and we do NOT want that to happen again! If you need help unloading, let us know and we will be glad to help if we aren’t swamped in the bar!
- Your neighbors are here on vacation, too. Please, please respect them and their equal right to a great time. When you are done using the canoes or kayaks, please return them to the racks so others can use them – do not keep them by your cabin all week. Your dog running loose or barking constantly is annoying to everybody. A lot of people who stay here run into the same people each year and become friends with each other. This could be you if you act right while you’re here!
Check In / Check Out
Check In time is 2pm and Check Out time is 9AM.
If there is no one in your cabin before or after you, these times can be flexible. Just ask!
- We do not supply towels!
- Every cabins has a charcoal grill but please bring your own charcoal, lighter fluid and lighter.
- We do not take credit cards in the bar.
- You will probably want to bring your own dish scrubbie. We supply dish soap but our scrubbies often go missing.
- We supply all bedding and have plenty of extra blankets and pillows if you need any. Just let us know!
- We do not sell bait or fishing licenses. There are two tackle shops in Mercer that do! You can also buy a license online here.