A non-refundable deposit of $200 is required for every reservation. Sorry! We didn’t used to do this and really took it on the chin. Please see the “Book Now” page for more information regarding deposits.
We try to run Island View like a place we would want to stay at. We don’t have any rules that aren’t common courtesy so that everyone staying here may enjoy themselves.
- NO FIREWORKS! EVER!!!!
- All pets must be on a leash at all times when outside.
- Quiet hours start at 10pm. The cabins are pretty close together. Please don’t have music blaring into the wee hours of the morning unless your neighbors are on board with it. If you want to party, come to the bar!
- Extra guests: you are welcome to bring a cot or air mattress but please know the cabins are pretty small. People have asked if they can set up a tent outside. That is approved on a case by case basis depending on what is going on at the time. If you are next door to an empty cabin, sure. If you have neighbors, no. We do offer camping on our island for only $10 a night!
- Please do not drive down to your cabin (unless you are staying in #9 or #10). Our septic system is very old and driving over it is a disaster waiting to happen. We already had one vehicle go through during the Summer of 2020 and we do NOT want that to happen again! If you need help unloading, let us know and we will be glad to help!
- Your neighbors are here on vacation, too. Please, please respect them and their equal right to a great time. Rude, obnoxious, trouble makers will be publicly shamed and then banned for life.
Check In / Check Out
Check In time is 2pm and Check Out time is 9AM.
If there is no one in your cabin before or after you, these times can be flexible. Just ask!
- We do not supply towels!
- Every cabins has a charcoal grill but please bring your own charcoal and lighter fluid.
- We have no way to accept credit cards in the bar.
- We supply all bedding and have plenty of extra blankets and pillows if you need any. Just let us know!
- We do not sell bait or fishing licenses. There are two tackle shops in Mercer that do! You can also buy a license online here.
- We want you to have a great time here. Please let us know if you have any special requests and we will do whatever we can within reason to make them happen. The lodge is available free of charge for parties (but it will still be open to the public).