A non-refundable deposit of $600 is required for every reservation. If you need to cancel, please let us know ASAP and we will try our best to re-book your cabin. You will get your deposit back ONLY if the cabin is re-booked to a paying customer. If we are not able to re-book it, you will lose your deposit. If you cancel multiple times, you will NOT BE ALLOWED TO RENT HERE AGAIN! There are absolutely no exceptions to this. We hate to hear you’re sick or…whatever the case may be…but it’s not our fault and we are no longer eating the cost of the entire week. This is been a huge problem since we arrived here. You can pay your deposit in cash, check or by credit card. However, there is a 6% additional charge if using a card to cover the fees that we have to pay. No fee for cash or check!
We try to run Island View like a place we would want to stay at. We don’t have any rules that aren’t common courtesy so that everyone staying here may enjoy themselves.
- NO FIREWORKS! EVER!!!!
- All pets must be on a leash at all times when outside.
- Quiet hours start at 10pm. The cabins are pretty close together. Please don’t have music blaring into the wee hours of the morning unless your neighbors are on board with it. If you want to party, come to the bar!
- Extra guests: you are welcome to bring a cot or air mattress but please know the cabins are pretty small. People have asked if they can set up a tent outside. That is approved on a case by case basis depending on what is going on at the time. If you are next door to an empty cabin, sure. If you have neighbors, no. We do offer camping on our island for only $10 a night!
- Please do not drive down to your cabin (unless you are staying in #9 or #10). Our septic system is very old and driving over it is a disaster waiting to happen. We already had one vehicle go through during the Summer of 2020 and we do NOT want that to happen again! If you need help unloading, let us know and we will be glad to help!
- Your neighbors are here on vacation, too. Please, please respect them and their equal right to a great time. Rude, obnoxious, trouble makers will be publicly shamed and then banned for life.
Check In / Check Out
Check In time is 2pm and Check Out time is 10AM.
If there is no one in your cabin before or after you, these times can be flexible. Just ask!
- We do not supply towels!
- Every cabins has a charcoal grill but please bring your own charcoal and lighter fluid.
- We have no way to accept credit cards in the bar. If you have to use a card to pay for your cabin there will be an additional 6% charge to cover the processing fees.
- We supply all bedding and have plenty of extra blankets and pillows if you need any. Just let us know!
- We do not sell bait or fishing licenses. There are two tackle shops in Mercer that do! You can also buy a license online here.
- We want you to have a great time here. Please let us know if you have any special requests and we will do whatever we can within reason to make them happen. The lodge is available free of charge for parties (but it will still be open to the public).