Our Mercer, WI cabin rentals are the perfect family and fishing getaway in Northern Wisconsin. Island View Lodge is located on Fisher Lake, a chain of three lakes totaling approximately 900 acres that is part of the Turtle River Chain of Lakes. All cabins are lakefront (except cabin 10) with screened in porches and a pier. We now have electricity on or near every pier for convenient charging stations.
The Island View Experience
Island View is 93 years old and it shows. If you are looking for fast WIFI, TVs, air conditioning and a five star hotel, you won’t be happy here. If you are looking for a good old fashioned Up North experience with very nice people, you have found the right place! Your kids aren’t going to be able to watch YouTube all day but they may go home with a great story about a chipmunk on the porch! Our cabins are old and small, but they are clean and we are constantly doing improvements to them. However, we’ve only been here a year and can only do so much at a time!
For your sake and ours, please do NOT stay here if you:
- Are wanting to be loud, obnoxious and party outside your cabin until the wee hours. The cabins are fairly close together and this is just plain rude to do to your neighbors. People come here to get away from that kind of crap. We don’t want it here. We recommend staying at the free campground down the road if you are wanting to be loud and outside all night.
- Can’t handle mosquitoes – they are bad. Really bad at times. We are deep in the Northwoods of Wisconsin. This is normal and there is nothing we can do about it.
- Need high speed internet or a constant phone signal. Ain’t gonna happen. We have the best/fastest service available but it is terrible. AT&T actually works pretty well here.
- Can’t roll with the punches. At nearly 100 years old and severely lacking upkeep for the past many years, we have the occasional mini disaster with the septic, the power, things breaking, etc. Luckily we have a truly gifted handyman on site who is always available and usually able to fix anything. It may be a minor inconvenience for a while, but we will do everything in our power to make it right ASAP.
- Are going to be a pain in the ass. We need business, but not bad enough to deal with that. Island View is many peoples’ happy place. We don’t need you here if you aren’t going to be happy no matter how hard we try.
Please DO stay here if the following things interest you:
- You want to get away from it all and unplug in a beautiful, remote, peaceful area
- You want to spend time on a gorgeous chain of lakes
- You want easy access to fishing or boating on pristine waters
- You want to sit on your screened in porch and listen to loons and watch hummingbirds
- You want to have the world’s best view of the sunrise
- You want a small bar/restaurant a short walk from your door for convenient snacks, games or conversation
- You want to make lifelong friends with your hosts and/or other people who stay here. On the other hand, if you’re looking for complete solitude that works too!
- You want to enjoy the hundreds of miles of ATV trails Iron County has to offer
- You want to have a nice vacation with your family for what comes out to be less expensive than most hotels
- You want to have FUN
- You want to bring your pet(s) and not get charged
- You want to support a couple of people trying EXTREMELY hard to succeed