Our Mercer, WI cabin rentals are the perfect family and fishing getaway in Northern Wisconsin. Island View Lodge is located on Fisher Lake, a chain of three lakes totaling approximately 900 acres that is part of the Turtle River Chain of Lakes. All cabins are lakefront (except cabin 10) with screened in porches and a pier. We now have electricity on or near every pier for convenient charging stations. Rentals go from Saturday to Saturday from Memorial Day weekend through early October. If you don’t want to stay a whole week, we will fit you in if we can but not until a week or two ahead of time.
The Island View Experience
Island View is 94 years old. It’s not a luxury resort. This is one of the few remaining classic Up North fishing resorts from back in the day. It’s awesome as long as you aren’t looking for super fast WIFI, the latest and greatest technology, or a ton of space. Our cabins are pretty small, but they are clean and have everything you and your family need for a great vacation (except bath towels – please bring your own!). The cabins do not have air conditioning or televisions. Enjoy the great outdoors! The bar DOES have television and WIFI. Kids love it here! Any and all pets stay free! We are 100% pet friendly, but they do have to be on a leash when outside.
For your sake and ours, please do NOT stay here if you:
- Are wanting to be loud, obnoxious and party outside your cabin until the wee hours. The cabins are fairly close together and this is just plain rude to do to your neighbors. People come here to get away from that. There is a very nice free campground a couple miles down the road you can stay at if you want to be loud and outside all night. Please stay there instead.
- Can’t handle mosquitoes – they are bad. Really bad at times. We are deep in the Northwoods of Wisconsin. This is normal and there is nothing we can do about it. Flies come and go also. It’s the great Northwoods! There’s a price to pay to be in paradise and unfortunately this is it.
- Need high speed internet or a constant phone signal. We have the best/fastest service available but it is not great. Verizon is spotty but AT&T actually works pretty well here. The bar has good WIFI and is available 24/7 on the porch.
- Are going to be a pain in the ass. We need business, but not bad enough to deal with that. Island View is many peoples’ happy place. We don’t want you here if you aren’t going to be happy no matter how hard we try. 99.5% of our customers are AWESOME but we do get the rare person who expects this to be downtown Chicago. It isn’t. Everything here is either super old and cobbled together or new because we have recently fixed it. We are fixing as much as we can as time goes on, but we can’t do it all at once. If you want 5 star accommodations, try these.
Please DO stay here if the following things interest you:
- You want to get away from it all and unplug in a beautiful, remote, peaceful area
- You want to spend time on a gorgeous chain of lakes
- You want easy access to fishing or boating on pristine waters
- You want to sit on your screened in porch and listen to loons and watch hummingbirds
- You want to have the world’s best view of the sunrise
- You want a small bar/restaurant a short walk from your door for convenient snacks, games or conversation
- You want to make lifelong friends with your hosts and/or other people who stay here. On the other hand, if you’re looking for complete solitude that works too!
- You want to enjoy the hundreds of miles of ATV trails Iron County has to offer
- You want to have a nice vacation with your family for what comes out to be less expensive than most hotels
- You want to have FUN
- You want to bring your pet(s) and not get charged
- You want to support a couple of people trying EXTREMELY hard to succeed